This t shirt was made from a super soft viscose dip dyed. You can do this in a few different ways but because I am so lazy I simply hung the damp fabric with the lower part fully immersed in the dye. It magically spreads up. Then I used a very square pattern to finish the t shirt (which I guessed).
A knee length skirt I have put together using vintage charity shop-found fabric (turquoise flowers) and a pair of old curtains from my parents house. The little holes in the centre of the flowers let the yellow canvas peep through.
I left a raw edge and slipped the elastic waist band between the two fabrics (great - no rubbing around the tummy!)
The temperatures are finally manageable for the seedlings I've been growing. The tomatoes and strawberries are in my homemade portable green house (a shoe rack with a plastic cover). I also bought a bigger tomato plant which I've put in a rusty old olive oil tin that I found in the shed. I have included a pic of the table we made in the crazy hot weather in march. Also, check out the veg patch!
I found this great cotton lawn fabric in a charity shop, I think it was around £4. Bargain. I traced the outline of a favourite shirt to make the paper pattern and then adjusted what I needed to.
I haven't made any cuffs as I find them really annoying, so I just kept the sleeves at bracelet level.
I drew a curve down from the original centre neckline and swept it sideways to create a curved button placket .
I've had these sparkly objects rattling around in my jewellery box for years. I found them on a rifle through the junk box in an art class when I was probably 15. Stick on earring backings -> beautiful pair of 50s-esque earrings, a la Jil Sander SS12.